What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a newly identified respiratory virus in the coronavirus family, but it is more severe and spreads easily. Diagnosis is difficult because it shares several symptoms with influenza.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. They are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
How is COVID-19 transmitted?
COVID-19 is thought to spread similarly to influenza. That is, it spreads person to person through respiratory droplets from an infected person's cough or sneeze. These droplets can land on surfaces within about 6 feet/2 meters and can spread to other people after they contact these infected surfaces with their hands and subsequently touch their face.
Is there a vaccine against COVID-19?
Currently, there are no available vaccines that protect against COVID-19.
What can I do to avoid COVID-19?
To avoid COVID-19, you should:
- Keep your hands clean. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough and sneezes to keep germs from spreading to others.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces routinely.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Do not travel if you develop any illness symptoms.
How should I act around other people?
- While greeting people, avoid shaking hands and just wave
- Avoid close contact with people and public assemblies.
- When sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with the inside of your elbow or using a tissue instead of your hand.
- Avoid hugging or kissing others
What is the meaning of Isolation and Quarantine?
Isolation and quarantine are common public health strategies used to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Isolation and quarantine keep people who are sick or exposed to illness isolated for a deﬁned period of time to prevent the disease spread.
Isolation is the separation of the affected person or person suspected of being infected from other healthy people for the duration of the disease infection in appropriate places and health conditions, in order to prevent the transmission of the infection.
Quarantine is the act of restricting the activities of healthy people for a period of time as determined by competent medical authorities.
What can happen if I am in quarantine?
You may be asked to:
- Stay at home
- Stay away from others
- Ensure you have no symptoms of the disease
- Contact the doctor if you develop symptoms
What is Healthpoint doing to ensure patient and caregiver safety?
Healthpoint takes the safety of our patients and caregivers seriously. We have detailed and thorough plans for patient care and protecting caregivers. Precautionary measures have been implemented including telephone and on-site patient triage systems. These actions taken to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus are being updated daily according to the evolving situation and as part of our commitment to protect the interests of both our patients and caregivers.
What information sources are reliable?
Mubadala Health COVID-19 Vaccination Centers
Patients & Visitors
We partner with a number of health insurers to offer healthcare coverage for our patients.
Location & Opening Hours
Conveniently located in Abu Dhabi Zayed Sports City, Healthpoint is easily accessible and can be reached by public transport or car.
Facilities & Services
We are committed to providing five-star service to our patients.
Get In Touch with Us